USPTO - The official United States Patent and Trademark Office website provides information on current patent laws and filing information, including filing of both provisional and nonprovisional patent applications. www.uspto.gov
GOVERNMENT RESOURCES - Please check the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website before filing any form to ensure a revision has not been issued.
- The most recent USPTO forms can be found here (forms used with the provisional application are PTO/SB/16, PTO/SB/17, and PTO 1595): www.uspto.gov/forms/index.jsp
- To find a registered patent attorney or patent agent: www.uspto.gov/learning-and-resources/ip-policy/registered-patent-attorneys-and-agents
- USPTO EFS website: www.uspto.gov/patents/process/file/efs/index.jsp
- USPTO EPAS website: epas.uspto.gov/
BOOKS - The following written resources are recommended:
- Ferrell, John S. Monopoly Protection: The 90-Minute Guide to Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets. Menlo Park: BayWater Publishing, 2013.
- Pressman, David. Patent it Yourself. Berkeley: Nolo Press, 1986, 2002.
- Rivette, Kevin G. and David Kline. Rembrandts in the Attic: Unlocking the Hidden Value of Patents. Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 1999.
- Kawasaki, Guy and Michele Moreno. Rules For Revolutionaries: The Capitalist Manifesto for Creating and Marketing New Products and Services. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, HarperBusiness, 1999, 2000.
- Kawasaki, Guy. Selling the Dream. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 1991, 1992.
FORMS FOR FILING - Many of the forms you need can be found online or in the back of the book, Provisional Patents: The 90 Minute Guide to Filing Your Own Application. The following sources are for downloadable and example forms.
LET US QUOTE YOUR APPLICATION
Your email address and contact information will not be published.